Thursday 9 August 2018

 

A Strange Happening

Boyden and Sophie

The following small incident happened earlier this year (2018). My husband was standing beside me reading something on my computer. I was busily pointing a few things out to him when he said, 'Oh, that's strange.'

I asked, 'what's strange?'

He replied, 'I thought that George (our dog) was butting me behind me knee and when I looked down for him he was fast asleep across the room.'

Strange indeed. Then my husband (who incidentally does not normally believe in ghosts) said, 'of course it must have been Boyden or Sophie, or both of them coming back to let us know that they're okay.' 

Boyden died in July 2013 and Sophie in February 2015. They were wonderful friends and I miss them both to this day.

After they died we would hear them (or think that we did) in the house, and even feel them rush past us. The dogs would come to bed with me every night as I go early so that I can read. They would follow me upstairs. Since they've passed on often of an evening as I walk upstairs I feel a quick rush of air as if they are running past me to get to the top before I do. They often did this. It's sad but in another way comforting to know they are still around.

I also experienced the same happening as my husband had, but not for quite a few years. I envy him.

Although I always said that I would never have another dog after we lost our gorgeous pets the house felt so empty after Sophie and Boyden died we decided to have another dog. We had a Golden Retriever who was 4 months old a couple of months after Sophie died.

George showed signs of hearing the dogs soon after he was one year old. He would be peacefully sleeping when he would suddenly wake, jump up and start looking up at the ceiling as if he could hear something or someone moving around. At first when he did it I wondered if someone was in the loft! Slowly it dawned on me that he was aware of the spirits of the dogs returning.

Another time I was chatting to my husband about the dogs, I had been saying that I was convinced they still visited us. My husband seemed a little unconvinced and I said, 'they do, I know they do.' He gave me a bit of a disbelieving look when all of a sudden there was a loud bang in the kitchen not far from where I work. We both headed to see what had happened and a pair of trainers I kept on a shelf had both fallen from the shelf to the floor. Even George was standing looking at them in amazement. I think that this convinced my husband more than anything I could say.

Me with George last year. He will be four years old this Christmas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is Doreen shadbolt still alive?

Carol Arnall said...

I really don't know. Look her phone number up.