Sunday 13 July 2014

Why I wrote The Other Place.

I'm often asked why I wrote my book, The Other Place.
At the time I had not long finished writing Spirits of the Lights, the follow up to Dancing with Spirits.
I had a few ideas, but they didn't seem right. Having suffered from claustrophobia and anxiety attacks for many years I decided to research it. I was astonished at just how many people suffer from this type of illness. I took it a step further and decided to write my novel about a young girl who suffers from claustrophobia, and eventually because of something that happens her claustrophobia leads to her having anxiety and panic attacks.
The book is not about me. True it's set in Birmingham where I originally came from, and I moved to Staffordshire, the same as Chrissie James the main character does eventually. That's as near as any similarity gets to me.
Chrissie seeks help from a hypnotherapist and revisits a past life, in the hope that this will help her discover why she is the way she is. Nope, this has never happened to me. I wish. There again I would not have the courage to try and visit a past life, or for that matter a future life.

What did happen, after I had finished and published my book, I discovered that many of my anxieties had disappeared. I won’t say that it’s been an out and out cure, but it’s helped.

Chrissie James is a troubled soul: with family problems, unexplained phobias and a stalker to contend with, she seeks help with a hypnotherapist. Whilst in therapy, Chrissie discovers she has led a past life.
Will living a previous life help Chrissie to discover the truth of what caused her fears and phobias, and will she find out who is stalking her?
The Other Place is a paranormal mystery. Its many twists and turns will keep you guessing to the very end.

No comments: