Sunday 20 October 2019

BIG CAT STORY

No photo description available.
                                                               

                                                                  BIG CAT STORY 

One of the scariest things that ever happened to me occurred while I was out walking quite a few years ago now. But it's something that I will never ever forget.
I walked a regular route from where we lived. I walked across the fields that leads to a pub and from there walked a different route home. There are three fields to walk across to reach the pub. I’d crossed two of them and as I walked through the opening into the third field I let my dog off her lead. There was not another soul in sight so I knew that we were okay. At the far end of this field is a small slope that leads to other fields or you can turn right and walk along where there is a pub on the side and it eventually leads to the road. I strolled across the field enjoying the peace and quiet. My dog did not do what she normally did which was to run round the field like a maniac she walked beside me. I patted her as we walked along the track and I glanced ahead towards the slope that leads out of the field. I then nearly passed out with shock!! Running from the right of the field ahead of me was a huge black panther like cat! OMG, I thought we’re going to die, if not from being attacked by the cat but from fright. I muttered, ‘ stand still’ to my dog and slipped her lead on, still watching the cat, as it rushed past the entrance/exit and headed straight to the edge of the field and then it ran through a gap in the hedge and disappeared from view.
My legs were so weak (jelly legs) and I was literally shaking all over with fright. Should I turn back or head towards the exit? If I turned back there were the other fields to cross before reaching the main road, but if I walked on I would be away from the fields in a few minutes. I gulped took a huge breath and left the field.
I knew if I told my OH he would laugh and disbelieve me. He did exactly that. But in the paper the following day there was a story of a big cat escaping from a travelling zoo or circus.
It was the stuff of nightmares.

No comments: